Wednesday, September 21, 2011

lavender icing

Anyone who knows me most likely knows about my obsession with lavender. I used to hate it as a child but last year I came home to find a beautiful bundle of it hanging over my kitchen sink and I've loved it ever since. I make lavender syrup lattes, have lavender infused baths, put dried lavender on my night stand... it's getting quite out of control. Anyway, when I found a recipe for lavender icing in a Martha Stewart cookbook I whipped it up right away (even though dear ol' Martha's recipes never work out for me). Here is the recipe and results:




Boil 1/3 tsp of dried lavender in 1/3 cup of milk. Let steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl (pillow cases are also a handy replacement). Discard lavender. Whisk in 3 cups of confectioners sugar until smooth. Add a dash of violet food colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment