Monday, January 24, 2011

meet the replacements


I have a habit of wearing my clothes until they fall off of me.

I fell in love with a jacket that resembled my grandmother's couch and wore it so often that the material parted like the Red Sea down the back. After countless attempts to stitch it back together I finally accepted that there was nothing else I could do but I still wear it on occasion.

If I love, love, love a piece it's impossible to throw out no matter how ratty it gets. I'll deal with an exposed nail in my favourite pair of heels or a tear in a blouse. My boyfriend even stitched up a pair of my jeans for me! I'm not a hoarder by any means but I think people are overly disposable with their belongings - hold on to your special pieces!

These are the new flats my sister picked up for me to replace the ones that have put up with my rough life style for the past year. This photo really doesn't show the extent of hagardness (yes, I'm making that a word). We've been through a lot, those flats and I... hail storms, trespassing, climbing fences and running for the bus, I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment