Monday, January 31, 2011

broken english


It's a lovely Monday night - lovely, because I don't have class tomorrow and have already tackled homework tonight, so after running a hot bath I plan on cozying up on my couch with "Broken English" a 2007 film directed by Zoe R. Cassavetes.

Parker Posey plays the part of Nora Wilder, a 30-something single NYC woman. Completely lost, yet endearing, she searches for something or somebody to validate herself. While Nora's search for love occupies most of the film this is not a Sex and the City wannabe. The film is beautifully crafted and cinematic, the wardrobe selection is casually chic and put together in refreshing ways. I think the trailer below gives too much away, but if you're not sold on it yet take a look.

This film is best watched in bed with your beau, with fresh flowers and wine on the night stand.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Aislinn and I rented this movie this summer, and loved it. The actor who plays the leading male is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete