Tuesday, November 2, 2010

arizona



After a week of steady rain in Victoria, my sister, Erica, and I took our grocery money and booked a flight to Phoenix, Arizona. What was there to do in the sun-kissed state? I had no idea. But +30 degree weather at the end of October sounded perfect.

Our one big splurge - and another thing I can now cross off my bucket list - was going hot air ballooning! At 6am one morning, me and Erica met the balloon experts and a couple we'd be sharing the basket with. Up, up, up we went, approximately 3000 feet and the sun came up with us.





Unfortunately, both the boyfriend and girlfriend were petrified of heights and the entire basket shook with the racking sobs coming from the girlfriend.

Fortunately, the boyfriend distracted her... when he proposed!
Evidently, love was in the air. To celebrate we all drank a bottle of champagne in the desert at 9 am.






The trip encouraged me to add a new goal to my bucket list: walk across a desert. (Although at the moment I'm considering the desert in Carcross, Yukon... the smallest desert in the world).



We were so shocked to see a lime tree that we had to help ourselves to one


Sadly, after only four days of sunshine we came back to the chill of fall and reality. Still, I have a feeling this amazing semester is going to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment