Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye Yellowknife. Hello Victoria.



Each April and September I seem to put one life on hold and re-start another. Summers are spent lounging under Yellowknife's midnight sun with friends and family and working a Monday to Friday 9-5 job. Winters are spent in classes and cafes with occasional weekend trips to Seattle and Vancouver.

Though I've been coming back to Victoria each September for the last four years there are some things that still impress me on each return:

1. A second summer! There's frost on windows at home but highs of 20 in Victoria
2. Events, events, events! There's always something going on - my first week back I had a front row seat to cirque du soleil (It was AMAZING)
3. Catching up with the smart cookies in my writing classes
4. The comfort of my cozy apartment...which I'm still decorating
5. Coffee & a Good Read. With so many bookstores around my bookshelf has already become crowded and there's nothing like flipping through a good novel in an eclectic cafe.

Yellowknife:


Victoria:


No comments:

Post a Comment